Thought Leadership Series:
Combating Emerging Infectious Diseases
DATE: 18 Aug 2021
TIME: 08:30 – 16:00 (HKT)
VENUE: Hong Kong Science Park and Online via ZOOM
Emerging infectious diseases especially those related to viruses jumping from animal to human pose grave risk and burden to our medical service and public health systems. These infectious disease outbreaks cause significant morbidity, mortality, and socioeconomic disruption.
Centre for Virology, Vaccinology and Therapeutics (CVVT) was set up at the Hong Kong Science Park in collaboration with the Department of Microbiology at the University of Hong Kong. The centre serves as the hub for collaborative research between distinguished researchers from top-notch international, regional and local institutions.
This webinar brings together researchers around the world to showcase the latest impactful research which will contribute to the control of prevalent and emerging infectious diseases.
TOPICS AND SPEAKERS
1. Antibody-guided and Structure-based Vaccine Design
Speaker: Prof. Tongqing Zhou, NIH Vaccine Research Center
2. Role of Secreted ACE2 in Human Cell Entry by SARS-CoV-2: New Antiviral Targets
Speaker: Prof. Kwok-Yung Yuen, Centre for Virology, Vaccinology and Therapeutics / The University of Hong Kong
3. Development of Pan-β-CoV Vaccines
Speaker: Prof. Shibo Jiang, Fudan University
4. Characterization of emerging variants of SARS-CoV-2 along the course of COVID-19 pandemic
Speaker: Prof. Honglin Chen, Centre for Virology, Vaccinology and Therapeutics / The University of Hong Kong
5. Broad and Potent Neutralizing Antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 Variants
Speaker: Prof. Linqi Zhang, Tsinghua University
6. Highly Potent Pan-CoV Fusion Inhibitors
Speaker: Prof. Shuai Xia, Fudan University
7. Nasal Prevention of SARS-CoV-2 Infection
Speaker: Prof. Zhiwei Chen, Centre for Virology, Vaccinology and Therapeutics / The University of Hong Kong
8. Lessons from the Development of Hepatitis E Vaccine
Speaker: Prof. Shaowei Li, Xiamen University
9. Characterization of human antibody responses to emerging infections by yeast display – lessons from Zika
Speaker: Prof. Xiao-Ning Xu, Imperial College London
Tel: 3910 3688
Fax: 3753 2284
1. Laboratory: Unit 208-213, 2/F, Building 15W, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, N.T.
2. Office: Unit 313-316, 3/F,
Building 17W, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, N.T.